<?xml-stylesheet type=’text/xsl’ href=’_UpgradeReport_Files/UpgradeReport.xslt’?>
When I removed Condition=””, it was successfully converted to 2008.
For other projects we were not able to find the reason of failure, and we created blank Web Application Projects and import existing files, that belonged to original projects.
Another issue was that projects with XSD files had generated files modified and corrupted. I found that this issue happens on my machine only, but not on other machines. I’ve noticed that Xsd files have XsdCodeGen Custom tool specified in the project.My XsdCodeGen has been install a long time ago from code samples of Code Generation in the .NET Framework Using XML Schema(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa302301.aspx).Conversion Wizard invoked the XsdCodeGen and tried to re-generate c# code , but failed(It seems that XsdCodeGen doesn’t work with includes) .
I’ve uninstalled the XsdCodeGen from my machine and generated files were left unmodified.
If Web Reference URL in the Setings(and APP.Config) is not correct(e.g. out of date), Conversion Wizard tries to re-generate Web Service client. It doesnt report an error, but subsequent comilation failed:
Error 1 Custom tool error: Unable to import WebService/Schema. The object ‘Settings’ already contains a property … not of type WebServiceUrl. in Reference.map
It is important to ensure, that Web Reference URL is correct. I beleive that Conversion Wizard should NOT re-generate clients, or at least it should be optional.
Setup Project Issues